Thursday, February 17, 2011

Entering the blogosphere

Welcome to my initial blog attempt! I'm sure there are a few of you who are wondering why I would make this leap. I have long thought that maintaining an interesting blog requires discipline that would be better exerted on career advancement or marital bliss. Or parenting. Or teaching myself Chinese or piano or programming in R or just about anything else. Everyone has a few interesting things to say, but can one maintain an 'interesting' pace for months? Years? Most blogs I've seen start out well, but lose my interest as the postings take on a "must... post...... something........" feel. I avoided the blogoverse because I worried that I'd reveal to the world that I fundamentally have only ten to twelve interesting threads.

So what changed? Frankly, I am feeling a sense of grandeur that I haven't felt in years. Those who run the world have a healthy arrogance and a vigor that allows them to shape how things should be, not just follow through on how things are being done. I am starting to believe, again, that Kurt's way is a better way. More importantly, I am simply happier. A number of personal failings, climaxing in the death of my mother, sent me into a deep depression that has only recently lifted. I'll save those thoughts for another day, but the short of it is that I'm pretty sure I'll feel good about myself even if I can't keep pace on this blog.

So let's see where this goes, and maybe I'll learn some new tricks along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment